Thursday 14 May 2009

Man Flu: The truth Is Out

The facts are here. hahaha. Finally we have the proof! Man Flu is for real.

It turns out that men have weaker immune systems then women. Scientists have discovered that female hormone oestrogen boosts women's protection against infections. However, an enzyme in men hampers their ability to fight bugs.

This is the best news since sliced bread. When this news was broadcast yesterday, I was sat in front of the TV with a cold and had to shove the sky plus on to show my parents the revelation when they got home from work. Although i myself thought this revolutionary, my Mother just rubbished this revelation (obviously cos she thought i would want sympathy, which i kinda did) and my Dad, who should have supported me, just shrugged and said that he already knew that. This aside, I know that in the future the "man flu" argument, is an argument with scientific fact and who can argue with fact.


Quote of the day:

Dr Maya Saleh: "These results demonstrate that women have a more powerful inflammatory response than men."

1 comment: