Saturday 24 October 2009

Radio Journalism

After completing our first radio production, this part of the course is fast becoming my favourite. In all honesty, I was dreading doing radio work as I'm quite the technophobe and absolutely detest the sound of my own voice, but I definitely don't consider putting a radio show together a chore by any means.

Initially I was under the impression that I wanted to pursue a career in feature writing; (perhaps in music magazines) believing that my talent lay in writing reviews etc, however I'm enjoying radio production so much that i may need to have a rethink. It turns out that I must REALLY like producing for radio as I don't even mind listening to my awful voice being played back to me.

Although it's early days as we have yet to produce a live show, I do believe i could really relish in the opportunities of creating a radio show, and maybe even try and get into it as a career path. The idea of forcing people to listen to the music which i like is rather appealing as is jabbering on about myself aimlessly lol. Perhaps i can transfer my love of writing to radio by reading out features and reviews etc, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment