Wednesday 28 October 2009

WINOL

Excellent, so I received my position for WINOL today and I am quite pleased. I'm the commissioning editor for reviews and previews features. Sounds like a good position but at this stage I am still quite unsure as regards to my responsibilities. 

I always thought that working on WINOL would take ages to come around, but now it's here all of a sudden and I'm really excited. I will be previewing/reviewing entertainment within the area of WInchester. Things i'll include will be reviewing local concerts, films etc and giving the thumbs-up or thumbs-down. In addition to this i will review Winchester student nights and be leasing with the people in charge of keeping student's interests.... interesting. 

I think I will fit into this role with relative ease as I am sure I have mentioned in previous blogs that my passion lies in writing, so to work as commissioning editor for reviews will suit my style perfectly. 

Although I find this task indeed a daunting one, the fact that I have a Features Editor above me should keep me in check so as I don't go on mad ramblings containing biased content. With someone approving my work I think it will only improve my writing style, but that's not to say that I can't be trusted to work by myself to produce entertaining content in my features lol. 




No comments:

Post a Comment