Thursday 19 November 2009

Camera Skills


First outing with a camera for loveable ol' WINOL... The life owner. Went down to sunny Southampton on Tuesday eve to review the band Detachments. Quality act, but my camera skils left alot to be desired. In all I estimate I took around 50 pics in total, only four of which warranted the quality to supplement my written article... Ouch!

I'd been a foolish young man and managed to leave the camera on manual focus, purely because i didn't know how to switch it to auto. I was rather lucky in the sense that due to the lack of people at the gig, I was able to get in close on the action and when it counted I took some awesome pics, ones of which that would sit comfortably and gloriously on an album cover or as a promo poster for the band.
As far as the focusing went it was a rookie error, but I now feel very comfortable to be able to take decent photos. "Jono the Photojournalist", that has a nice ring to it

No comments:

Post a Comment